Mitchell & Sheridan's Wedding
‘Our day went off without a hitch!
We were a bit anxious about the weather in the weeks leading up to it but we had chosen to have a winter wedding so we knew we could be in for anything – especially in Bathurst. In the end, although it was very cold, we were lucky to have sunshine and no rain or snow.
Mitchell and his groomsmen (brother Cameron and friend Evan) got ready out at St Aubyn’s and spent the morning playing Playstation and having a few drinks.
My bridesmaids (friends Amanda & Sally) and I had a champagne breakfast at Luxe Hair & Beauty while we had our hair and makeup done and we were ready with a couple of hours to spare before we had to leave.
Our friend Stu George picked us up in his classic Monaro we arrived right on time and from there it was all a bit of a blur! We stepped out of the car and walked straight down the aisle. Mitchell and I had written our own vows which received a few laughs as they largely focused on Mitchell’s obsession with golf and our dogs.
Following the ceremony, we had a couple of drinks and mingled with the guests, in between having our photos taken. Leanne from St Aubyn’s did an amazing job decorating the glass house for our service and serving drinks following the service.
We then headed into the Winter Festival to have some shots taken. It was just a coincidence that our wedding day was the same day as the opening night of the winter festival. Once we found out, we had a chat to Tilly, our photographer, and we all thought it would be a great opportunity to get some unique photos with the lights and Ferris wheel. We were so pleased with how they turned out. We turned a few heads while we were posing for our photos.
Following this we headed to the George Hotel until it was time for our arrival at the Carrington. The night went so quickly from there. There was lots of dancing and laughing all night.
- Being able to share our day with our families and closest friends. Guests travelled from China, Philippines, QLD, VIC, ACT & NSW to attend.
- Our MC – Mitchell’s Uncle Bruce Baynes was fantastic. He kept our guests entertained all night and Mitchell and I didn’t have to worry about a thing on the night.
- Speeches – especially from the groom’s brother Cameron who told stories of he and Mitchell growing up as young boys – some stories which their parents were unaware about!
- The well fought contests by the “elite” sports people, showing off their volleyball, netball and AFL skills, for both the garter and the bouquet. In the end, our friends Saph and Joel both came up with the goods and they happen to be a couple and the next ones to be getting married!
- Having our bridal table in amongst the other guests table (rather than on out on its own) enabled us to interact with our guests and be a part of the action’.
Ceremony Venue: St Aubyns
Celebrant: Kirralee Burke
Reception Venue: The Carrington Function Centre & Theatre
Reception decoration: Posh Designs
Flowers: Vanessa Pringle Floral Design
Suits & Accessories: Bent Threads
Brides gown: Melissa Waite Couture (Newcastle based)
Photographer: Fearless Photography
Cake: Mel’s Cake Kitchen
Hair & Makeup: Luxe Hair and Body
Wedding Car: Stuart & Michelle George from Orange
Drivers: Stuart George & Col Gillette
Cake Topper: JD’s Laser Design
Rings: W J Coote & Sons
Favours: Jars of jam from Huntley Berry Farm
Music: Scarr Entertainment
Wedding night accommodation: Plantation House Bathurst